Our client is looking for a Financial Analyst for a growing boutique financial service company based in metro Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate must have proven experience in financial forecasting, budgeting, review, & modeling. The role as a financial analyst with is to help steer clients down the most profitable path.
This is a remote/virtual position but we highly prefer candidates who are located in Atlanta area.
The successful candidate will be working 25 hours a week to start with a potential to shift to a full time role depending on the performance and business requirements.
- At least 1-2 years working experience as a finance analyst
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, G-Suite and financial software applications (Quickbooks and/or Xero, Fathom, Futrli)
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, and information analysis
- Resourceful and well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
- Ability to work on a task at a high level consistently
- Attention to detail
- Empathic and willingness to be of service to others; understands taking ownership of the clients assigned
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field is preferred
- Review financials on a monthly basis to evaluate financial performance.
- Compare & analyze actual results with budget, forecast, and historical financial data
- Identify any risk & opportunities based on actuals review to present to management & clients
- Present findings on a monthly basis to clients either in live meetings or by recording and sending to clients
- Reconcile financial statements by reviewing transactions that stand out and notify the accounting department of necessary changes.
- Maintain financial reporting system (Fathom) by reviewing and making the necessary changes to KPIs, goals, & chart of accounts
- Meet with clients to discuss financial revenue goals for the year in revenue planning session
- From the financial goals gathered in the revenue planning session, model the financial goals in google sheets for clients to use.
- Construct either monthly, quarterly or yearly budgets for clients to have a financials benchmarks to compare to
- Establish cash flow planning forecast for clients implementing profit first theory
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes to increase efficiency and ultimately have more time to help with clients to be more profitable
- Develop & maintain financial models based on client needs
- Evaluate potential investments clients are considering and provide recommendations based on current financial performance and financial goals
- Identify KPIs that clients need to measure business performance