Award winning creative agency, Grey Matter Group in Grand Rapids, MI is seeking a video editor/technician to collaborate with our strategic and creative teams to create engaging, high quality audiovisual storytelling for a varied array of for-profit and not-for-profit clients.
Candidates must have related video production experience, a portfolio of relevant work, and an excellent work ethic with organizational skills to bring complex projects to completion on time and on budget.
Video Editor/technician is responsible for creating compelling finished video content from provided and created assets. You must have a command over all processes of video post production including editing, color grading, audio, motion graphics, subtitles, etc. and be able to weave all those elements a cohesive and compelling whole. You also should be able to assist in a video shoot context as an integrated part of a larger team.
• Organize and edit diverse video footage, graphic elements, music, photos, and other visual and audio assets into a holistic, compelling audiovisual storytelling.
• Organize, shoot and edit raw footage into final content
• Create professional sound design and audio beds for video that combine music, dialogue, voiceover, and sound effects to create a rich audio landscape for compelling video storytelling.
• Professional color grading of RAW and LOG video footage
• Work with producer throughout entire process of pre-production, production and post production
• Work collaboratively with other team members, sharing techniques, tips, and guidance related to video production process to maximize efficiency learning and growth.
• Assist with archiving and maintaining raw videos assets and final render assets for each project
• Stay in tune with new technology, software, and industry trends to better the work
• Create SRT files for subtitles and captions
• Mix, clean, and sweeten audio in Adobe Audition
• Create and edit motion graphics in Adobe After Effects
• Assist with maintaining edit suite space and production space used for shoots
• Maintain and update video host sites used for review process and archives
• Determine necessary gear needed for particular shoots and pack and coordinate rental, transport, and on location use of that equipment
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in film studies or related field from an accredited school/university
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in video production
• Demonstrable video editing ability with strong portfolio
• Expert competency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere, Audition, and Photoshop
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
• Working knowledge of DaVinci Resolve
• Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
• Works well with a team
• Ability to take creative direction and execute on overall vision
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!