The Technical Support Analyst position will need to work with other Technology Services’ staff as well as internal customers and vendors to maintain new and existing systems. Performing functions to provide consultation and assistance to the District providing Level 2-Level 3 Help Desk and Deskside Support where solution may require after hours support, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Provide day-to-day consultation, instruction, troubleshooting and problem solving for hardware, software, network, and related computer systems and devices.
- Perform moderately complex analytical, technical and administrative work to plan, design, and install new and upgraded existing computer systems. Ensure the effective operation of all hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and mobile devices in compliance with established District standards.
- Monitor, respond to, and resolve Help Desk calls and tickets in keeping with established customer service standards. Evaluate technical issues and determine procedure necessary to resolve problem or produce workaround as applicable until problem can be resolved. Escalate complex issues to the appropriate technical resource in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing, updating, and maintaining procedures and Help Desk knowledge base.
- Review licensing issues and perform software and hardware audits throughout the District to ensure compliance with licensing regulations and provide audit reports.
- Train and direct personnel in the use of computer applications and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all District computer hardware and software. Support and enforce District IT policies and procedures.
- Assist with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of enterprise, infrastructure, network, security, database or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Participate in meetings, committees and continuing education seminars to improve individual, departmental, and organizational performance and efficiency.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Participate in all Operations and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support, on-call rotation and after-hours power tests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Maintain a level of professionalism with respect for confidentiality.
- Excellent passive listening, oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical knowledge and experience of PC hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain compliance with schedules and quality standards.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Clear depth of knowledge in Information Technology fundamentals, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in client services, supporting the installation, programming and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and mobile devices.
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications are highly desirable.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. frequently. Employee sits frequently. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches, pushes/pulls, kneels and crawls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talks and hears as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!