School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
Job Code: 4910
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 91075
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world’s most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world’s most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD), part of the School of Engineering (SoE) is seeking three highly motivated and team focused individuals to join our Programs team, as Program Managers supporting the delivery of Stanford Online professional programs to a global audience. This position will be a 2-year fixed term. In this fast-paced environment, the successful candidate should have the ability to manage multiple programs, possess a strong attention to detail, thrive in a deadline driven environment, and possess exceptional communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively and inclusively interact with people across cultures.
The successful candidates will support multiple programs that are part of a portfolio of programs delivered live virtually, online asynchronously, and in person on Stanford’s campus. The Program Manager will work closely with experienced SCPD Program Managers supporting a variety of clients, faculty, learner, and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. In this role, individuals will interface with Stanford faculty, departments, global clients and participants, and be the primary contact for vendors and service providers. During live virtual and in person events, it is expected that Program Managers will be responsible for making decisions in the best interest of the program, the attendees, and the University.
Due to the global and customer-facing nature of work, this position is often required to work sporadic schedules including early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is a wonderful department that works well as a team! If you are looking for a position in a high energy, mission driven environment, this is the job for you!
We invite you to apply by clicking the Apply for Job button. To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your online application.
Your responsibilities include
- Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the product/program to a target audience.
- Gather, analyze and report on product/program data.
- Execute a tactical plan to meet the product/program objectives.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of product/program elements.
- Provide administrative support to the Product/Program team.
- Track product/program progress against goals and schedule.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program.
*Other duties as assigned
- Support the management, planning, and execution of professional education offerings delivered online, in-person, or blended format.
- Work closely with team members to implement project plans and share responsibilities and support tasks.
- Ongoing program support of existing programs working with various teams across SCPD to address learner inquiries and fulfill client expectations.
- Initiate and lead meetings to plan programs, establish and monitor budgets, review program evaluations, and review administrative procedures.
- Coordinate with senior program managers to manage and address faculty, stakeholder, client and participant programmatic communication needs, serving as program point of contact representing SCPD and acting in the best interest of the organization, faculty, and Stanford University.
- Continually collaborate with SCPD internal departments responsible for marketing, student and services, finance, instructional design, instructional technology, and online course production.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program.
Education & Experience (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Education & Experience (Desired)
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Team player.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Desired)
- Ability to form inclusive and equitable working relationships across cultures and lines of difference.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Occasional work early morning, evening, and weekend work required.
- Work in the office collocated with coworkers and/or work from home may be required depending on business need and/or health and safety policies.
- 2-Year Fixed Term
- Often perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequent sitting
- Often stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Frequent lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the Apply for Job button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter, and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in program management and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!