Working at ban.do
At ban.do, our purpose has always been to bring joy into the lives of others—and that starts with our employees! We value wellness in all forms and infuse it into our company culture and benefits package. This includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, a 401k plan, fun get-togethers (virtually and IRL), and other employee perks.
The Product Designer position reports to our Creative Director and oversees the design process for all products in ban.do’s gift and apparel categories. They are responsible for conceptualizing and executing compelling and brand-right product designs.
- Conceptualize, design, and develop compelling products within ban.do’s entire product line, which includes both apparel and gift categories, including but not limited to paper, tech, inflatables, drinkware, bags, home decor, desk accessories, and soft goods.
- Translate direction from Creative Director into designs that achieve seasonal brand goals, create storytelling opportunities, and propel ban.do’s brand presence forward in the market.
- Liaison between ban.do and third party licensing partners as it pertains to artwork hand-off for licensed products and products developed for bando.com.
- Collaborate with leadership, merchandising, and partnerships to identify opportunities for new products each season across several categories.
- Conceptualize and pitch product ideas through concept sketches and mockups to the greater product design and development teams.
- Research and identify materials and techniques to implement into product body or surface designs.
- Contribute to the packaging design process for all gift products, including conceptualizing designs, creating new solutions, reviewing samples, and facilitating development.
- Execute technical drawings showing product specifications as needed for product production.
- Create original surface design for products as needed.
- Manage and manipulate outsourced surface designs.
- Oversee the critical review of all apparel and gift product samples and provide solutions to problems.
- Regularly contribute to the presentation of the product line to various teams cross-brand, including sales, marketing, e-commerce, and sourcing.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in ban.do’s employee handbook.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to meet company goals.
- Must live in greater Los Angeles area.
- 2+ years of experience designing in an agile product development environment preferred.
- Proficiency and passion for design in hard goods or soft goods including apparel.
- Comprehensive understanding of product development and design processes.
- Experience in Google Chrome, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Ability to create/review tech packs
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- You own being accountable for the overall quality of your work.
- You know how to listen, motivate, guide, and inspire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and occasional evenings / weekends as demands dictate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to four hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend and carry files/products/boxes in order to organize as well as prepare for meetings.
- May be asked to occasionally lift a box of up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time to work on computer.
- Strong verbal skills (proficient in English).
- Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!