IHO Product Manager
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for an IHO Product Manager on our Publishing and Mission Operations team. As an IHO Product Manager you will support the implementation of the AMA’s mission by ensuring that product development initiatives in Improving Health Outcomes have maximum impact for key health care stakeholders who are targeted to benefit from the product. You will be responsible for the product development and implementation are effectively managed, and product design features offer solutions which spread and advance Improving Health Outcomes objectives.
- Implement product life cycle plans with focus on new products and enhancing existing products,
- Establish the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of product development and product release projects, while ensuring that all activities adhere to governance requirements and AMA operational processes
- Collaborate on vendor selections (including the development of RFPs and pricing) and manage vendor relationships
Product Development & Roadmaps
- Develop product roadmaps, release plans, and feature backlogs
- Collaborate and perform market, competitive and financial analysis in support of identifying or developing new products, expanding existing businesses or special products
- Collaborate with multiple AMA stakeholders to manage the complete product planning process, from ideation through end-of-life
- Prepare presentations for senior management to make product strategy and investment recommendations.
- Analyze product metrics to gauge success
- Provide insights and make recommendations to Marketing & Communications and Product Development colleagues.
- Work with Product Development and Market Research to support user research projects to help ensure products meet and exceed users’ needs
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, health care administration, or related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a product manager or similar positions as a product, or project manager; related and relevant work experience considered; experience health care-focused in product development, product management, consulting, government, and/or industry preferred.
- Experience in managing web, mobile application, or other information technology development projects preferred.
- Understanding of medical education and health care systems and experience working directly with physicians and other health care professionals preferred.
- Experience conducting financial and competitive analysis across multiple segments of the health care industry.
- Experience developing and presenting cases for new product/services and features; experience in utilizing customer insights to drive product innovations.
- Demonstrated experience extracting value from development teams, including facilitating rapid problem-solving sessions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting in a large group setting and publication record.
- Limited travel required.
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!