Under general direction, this is a professional technical position responsible for the design and implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data, mapping, quality assurance, analysis and application projects based on enterprise and customer specified requirements; writes software for system enhancements and maintains GIS data and meta-data for the District.
- Leads Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects under general direction.
- Develops and analyzes business requirements and designs, develops and tests new GIS data, processes and applications.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and improves existing GIS data, processes, and applications.
- Designs and implements quality assurance processes.
- Works within the scope of the District’s IT system. Follows standards and protocols for data collection, storage, and updates, and supervise related activity to ensure compliance.
- Provides application system support for GIS users across the District and manage user access.
- Performs regular maintenance of complete GIS system, ensuring performance and stability of GIS infrastructure is maintained.
- Ensures that database integrity is maintained through the implementation of a data management (meta-data) system.
- Interacts regularly with other county agencies, local governments, and the private sector.
- Provides GIS technical information to vendors and others to assist in the related to integration of applications onto the GIS platform.
- Monitors, responds to, and resolves Help Desk calls and tickets in keeping with established customer service standards. Evaluates technical issues and determines procedure necessary to resolve problem or produce workaround as applicable until problem can be resolved. Escalate complex issues to the appropriate technical resource in a timely manner.
- Assists in developing, updating, and maintaining procedures and Help Desk knowledge base.
- Assists with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of enterprise, infrastructure, network, security, database or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education seminars to improve individual, departmental, and organizational performance and efficiency.
- Performs or assists with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participates in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Researches deeds, surveys, previous maps and other records to obtain data needed to maintain right-of-way, land ownership, regulatory permitting, tax and real estate records.
- Collects and summarizes information from field and file investigations into easily-readable spatial format.
- Prepares reports – including maps, statistical tabulations, charts and graphs to illustrate analysis on diverse issues including population demographics, housing, transportation, land use and public rights-of-way usage.
- Participates in all Operations and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support, on-call rotation and after-hours power tests.
- Develops GIS apps for the District’s mobile devices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other required software.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency of office methods, procedures and practices
- Demonstrate clear and concise writing style in the production of documentation
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Excellent passive listening, oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Maintain a level of professionalism with respect for confidentiality.
- Adherence to accepted project management practices is expected as multiple projects will occur at the same time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS software tools and applications including but not limited to: ArcGIS, ESRI ArcSDE, AutoCAD Suite, SQL, and MS Visio.
- Practices and standards required for maintaining District’s GIS data.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of GIS hardware and software applications development methods, tools, and utilities.
- Demonstrate effective delivery of presentations and training.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Geography, Planning, Environmental, Engineering, Computer Science, Surveying and Mapping, Geomatics, Geographic Information Systems, or closely related field required.
- ArcGIS server administration certification and GISP License preferred.
- Four years of progressive experience demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the use and application of GIS data and technologies. A Master’s Degree or higher level degree from an accredited institution may substitute for two years of experience.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs occasional lifting and/or carrying of 25-40 lbs. and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits/stands alternately throughout the day. Employee walks occasionally inside and outside of office environment on a variety of surfaces. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches and pushes/pulls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!