The mission of the FBI is to protect the American People and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
This is NOT a vacancy announcement. By submitting interest, you are joining a repository of candidates who will be considered to fill current and future Electronics Technician opportunities. Additional selections may be made to fill positions with similar duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Position: Electronics Technician-FO, GS 7/9
Locations: Opportunities Available Nationwide
Working Hours: 8:15am 5:00pm, but hours may vary
Salary: Rates will be provided upon selection
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Major duties at the GS-7 level:
- Performing installations and preventive and corrective (or emergency) maintenance and service work on FM radio systems, data networks and electronic physical security systems.
- Inspecting equipment for adherence to standards and tolerances; installing and maintaining two-way FM and associated equipment in automobiles; installing and maintaining active and passive circuits relating to intrusion-detection systems.
- Assisting higher-grade technician(s) in installing or replacing portions of systems and in performing more difficult maintenance work.
- Continuously reviewing pertinent technical manuals to remain current with technology.
- Attending government-sponsored training classes.
Major duties at the GS-9 level:
- Using test equipment and advanced techniques to perform installation, maintenance and repair tasks and operational testing of FM radio systems.
- Performing corrective maintenance to restore a system that is out of operating condition.
- Conducting extensive analytical testing and taking positive action to replace or repair deficient or malfunctioning components and units.
This position has a specific education requirement; when applying must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the announcement. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. Those applying should:
- Have an Associates degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.OR
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience, or one year if you have an advanced degree (masters, doctorate).
NOTE: Qualifying education must show major study was in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Technology or other fields related to the position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
- Must verify completion of the education requirement by uploading a copy of college transcripts
- Have a valid drivers license and six months of driving experience.
- Meet all FBI employment eligibility requirements.
- If you are currently on active duty in the military, you must be within one year of completing your service before submitting your application.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
Specialized Experience (SE):
GS-7: Must have one (1) year of SE equivalent to the GS-5 grade level.
- Assisted with the physical installation and maintenance of electronic communication systems.
- Conducted routine equipment tests; performing basic corrections and/or replacing defective parts.
- Handled, stored, and inventoried a variety of electronic equipment and components.
GS-9: Must have one (1) year of SE equivalent to the GS-7 grade level.
- Performed physical installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electronic communication systems.
- Performed installations and preventive and corrective (or emergency) maintenance and service work on FM radio systems, data networks, or electronic physical security systems.
- Inspected equipment for adherence to standards and tolerances.
Note: In your resume, please describe in detail how you meet the SE. You may have acquired the SE through technical school training, in a military occupation and/or employment.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Please ensure specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBIs Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses in the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans preference will be applied.
Please address the following competencies in your resume:
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Organizing and Planning
- Problem Solving and Judgment
To apply to this position, provide the following documents:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- Supporting documents:
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
- Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50
- Most recent Performance Appraisal (not applicable to current FBI employees)
- Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later
How to Apply
Step 1: Click the Start button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you dont already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.
How to Attach Documents
To attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step.
Step 2: Click “Add Attachment”.
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or “Other” if one is not available).
Step 4: Populate the Attachment Purpose field. Click “Continue”.
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located.
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment.
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the “+” on the Attachments step.
To attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Login to your FBI Jobs account, and click “My Submissions”.
Step 2: Click the “Add Attachment” located under the “Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
Step 3: Follow steps 3 – 6 above.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!