Potomac Conservancy is seeking an energetic self-starter to join the team as Administration & Data Associate.
Who we are: Founded in 1993, Potomac Conservancy believes the foundation of healthy and vibrant communities starts with clean water. We are an inclusive movement of over 31,000 impassioned river champions. As the region’s leading clean water advocate, we shape the effort to ensure the Potomac River boasts clean drinking water and healthy lands and thrives as we face the challenges of the climate crisis. Join the dynamic Potomac Conservancy team and make a difference in your community!
Your role: As Administration & Data Associate you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the 12-person and growing Potomac Conservancy team and will play an integral role in managing the Conservancy’s donor, volunteer, and advocacy engagement data. The data in your care will help our team steward the experience of thousands of individuals, as well as foundation and corporate donors, as we work together to make clean water progress possible. You will also support meeting arrangements for our 15-person board of directors and the scheduling of meetings for the President. With a command of the database, you will produce information to facilitate Potomac Conservancy’s member and donor communications and data analysis. Finally, the office’s systems (phones, IT infrastructure, office machines and contracts) that allow productive work and dynamic collaboration between staff will be under your stewardship, including technology that enables remote work. As a part of the Potomac Conservancy’s Development team, you will report to the Vice President of Development. You will also collaborate closely with staff across the organization and be a part of the staff team’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice strategy and learning sessions, including having a role in one of the diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice working groups.
Database management (60%)
• Oversee the quality of information our organization collects and uses, including managing input protocols and coding for the database. We use EveryAction, a customer relationship management database (CRM).
• Ensure personalized donor stewardship with the timely input of new and changing donor information to sustain a healthy flow of pre-meeting and meeting debrief information.
• Create and oversee a continual process of data cleaning, to ensure duplicate records and bad information do not hamper effective connection with members and friends of the organization.
• Produce member lists to support mail and email communications.
• Conduct research and analysis to help shape programs, strategy and sharpen our initiatives.
• Conduct research to shape our understanding of the interests and capacity of potential donors using Donor Search and other information sources.
• Prepare for and help implement mailing and online communication campaigns.
• Oversee office systems (copier, phones, IT) for the team of 12 staff members, and be the point of contact for all office service providers.
• Solve problems as they arise to keep office systems operating well, including all systems needed for remote working tools and platforms.
• Order supplies and manage supply needs.
• Monitor the info email account and messages to Potomac Conservancy’s phone line, connecting our members with the right resources of expertise.
• Manage preparation and document production for 4-5 board meetings a year and new board member on-boarding materials.
• Schedule the board’s committee meetings.
• Manage the Potomac Conservancy staff meeting schedule and prepare team documents.
Executive assistance (10%)
• Help the President schedule, prepare for, and follow up meetings with donors and key stakeholders in the community.
• Support donor mailings and email campaigns.
• Help produce gift acknowledgements during several times of the year with high levels of activity (April/May and December/January is typical).
• Support Potomac Conservancy evening events 2-3 times a year.
• Three or more years of relevant work experience or a bachelor’s degree
• Experience in using standard word processing and spreadsheet software
• Comfortable with or eager to learn database management
• Attention to detail with a critical eye for accuracy, and an appreciation of the importance of data management to achieve campaign success
• Willing and eager to learn new skills
• Able to work independently and manage time to meet deadlines
• Able to prioritize in an atmosphere of multiple draws on your attention
• Creative in solving problems and willing to make suggestions or challenge the status quo to improve end results
• Desire to help improve the health of our local environment and the communities that depend on a clean Potomac River
• Customer service, administrative, and/or scheduling experience
• Donor management software skills. CRM experience a plus.
• Experience working collaboratively as a part of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!