The L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs invites applications for an experienced finance professional. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance Manager ensures accurate and timely approval of financial transactions, monitors monthly reconciliations, provides oversight of procurement activities, assists with the preparation of monthly reports, and ensures the correct application of internal controls. This includes reviewing transactions using established internal controls for compliance with University/Commonwealth policies and procedures; overseeing/maintaining the accuracy of financial records and ensuring financial compliance with all applicable laws, industry guidelines, university policies, and funding restrictions for all Wilder School academic indices. Duties include record management, reviewing financial transactions, approving travel reimbursements, managing procurement processes and approving online requisitions/purchase orders and purchase card transactions.
The successful applicant will demonstrate an understanding of VCU’s Code of Ethics and commitment to integrity and ethical behavior by example in day-to-day activities and by treating data as confidential and protecting it from unauthorized disclosure.
Minimum Qualifications/Hiring Standards
- Working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and internal control principles required.
- Degree from an accredited institution in finance, accounting, business administration or related field; or a combination of education and equivalent work experience at a level that equates to a degree.
- Experience in the creation, design and editing of spreadsheets in Excel required.
- Position requires attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, effective interpersonal skills, critical thinking and analytical skills and high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and an ethical understanding for application of compliance mandates through internal controls is required.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently and to communicate effectively with all levels of administration.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment at VCU.
Preferred Qualifications/Preferred Hiring Standards:
- Experience working in a university or comparable setting.
- Systems experience in Banner, RealSource, Chrome River, SAS, ARMICS, and familiarity with university policies surrounding procurement activities.
Additional Application Instructions
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/109491. All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed resume with the names and contact information of three professional references. A resume does not take the place of work experiences on the application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, with priority review beginning October 4, 2021. “Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability”.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!