The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Executive Director across a wide variety of areas, including but not limited to: logistics, scheduling, financial management and reconciliation, compliance, legal, HR, and other critical administrative functions. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, organized, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced, growing non-profit environment.
This is a full-time position based anywhere in the United States. The Executive Assistant will work from home, work regularly with the Executive Director and other members of the Executive Team, meet as required by video chat with internal teams, and have weekly national full staff meetings with colleagues online. Travel may be required, as safety allows.
This description reflects ACE’s assignment of essential functions, it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. ACE retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position at any time.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Executive Director
- Executive Team
- ACE Staff
- ACE Board of Directors
- Acts as the administrative point of contact between the Executive Director, and various internal and external demands.
- Conserves the Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information.
- Works closely with the ED to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, deadlines, filing requirements, and other responsibilities.
- Maintains the Executive Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains confidence and integrity, and protects operations by keeping information appropriately confidential.
- Communicates effectively with the Board of Directors; manages the administration, logistics, meetings, and follow-up of all board meetings. Specific responsibilities include:
- Master calendaring
- Gathering and distributing preparatory or background materials
- Preparing meeting minutes and seeking timely approval of those minutes
- Coordinates all Executive Team meetings and retreats, and assists the Director of Operations with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Makes appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, reporting directly to a CEO, Executive Director, or other members of a senior management team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- A high degree of professionalism and experience in working with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funding partners.
- Strong organizational, schedule management, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and excellent experience with Google Suite
- Friendly, discreet, and professional demeanor.
- Nonprofit experience and/or an understanding of 501(c)(3) organizations
- Understanding of climate change, climate justice, and related social justice issues
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $62,500-$75,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 12 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Location: Remote
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!