Commonwealth strengthens the financial opportunity and security of financially vulnerable people by discovering ideas, piloting solutions, and driving innovations to scale. For nearly two decades, Commonwealth has designed effective innovations, products, and policies enabling over a million people to accumulate more than $3 billion in savings.
Commonwealth understands broad changes requires market players to act. That’s why we collaborate with consumers, the financial services industry, employers, policymakers and mission-driven organizations. The solutions we build are grounded in real life, based on our deep understanding of people who are financially vulnerable and how businesses can best serve them. To learn more about the organization, please visit buildcommonwealth.org.
Diversity of background and perspective are strengths that we value. We are committed to creating a diverse, committed, skilled and collaborative environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Commonwealth recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses.
Commonwealth is seeking a Content Writer to join the Marketing and Strategic Partnerships (MSP) team. The role will be part of a passionate, highly cross-functional team dedicated to supporting Commonwealth’s mission of creating systemic change for financially vulnerable people. This individual will work closely with the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications Manager, and other members of the communications and leadership team and will be accountable for writing high quality content and managing full lifecycle content production in multiple formats for multiple audiences. The right person for this role is collaborative, has a keen eye for detail, strong project management skills, and is able to quickly understand Commonwealth’s work and voice. Please join us if you are looking to contribute to a fast-paced, social impact organization.
- Produce content for grant proposals, research reports, blog posts, briefs, social media posts, and prepare presentation decks
- Closely collaborate with program staff and senior management on content development
- Assist in planning, conceptualizing, assigning, editing, and publishing best-in-class content
- Manage complex, multipart content projects, and launch them on time
- Research best practices in grant-writing, in new relevant opportunities, and in ways in which Commonwealth’s programming is relevant to the current funding landscape.
- Create foundational language for use in all grants written by the organization
- Work with staff and contract writers, editors, graphic designers, and others to develop and deliver content
- Collaborate with program staff in identifying new initiatives of the organization.
- Develop, and adapt as needed, work plans and timelines for multiple projects.
- Work closely with senior management and other stakeholders to inform content ideas and planning
- 3+ years’ relevant experience writing compelling content about complex topics to a variety of B2B audiences
- Proven experience writing long form research reports for B2B audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and comfort with competing deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Flexibility and adaptiveness
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Drive (Sheets, Docs, and Slides)
- Experience in financial inclusion of financial services a plus
- Experience directing and working with graphic designers desired
- Passionate about the mission of Commonwealth and driving social change through promoting financial security and opportunity for the financially vulnerable
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!