UC Davis Medical Center
Salary Range: $1,563.20 – $3,141.60 Biweekly
Final Filing Date: 09/24/2021
The purpose of the Clinical Patient Navigator is to support the interdisciplinary team in facilitating patient care, with the underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. The role facilitates an integrated and coordinated care to children referred to the CIRCLE Clinic. The care coordinator will communicate with child welfare, different community agencies and health systems to prevent fragmentation of care.
• Current or previous experience as a family member of a child receiving public mental health services. Understanding of and experience working with maltreated children and/or child serving systems (e.g., Child Protective Services, Behavioral Health Services, Alta Regional Center). Understands the effects of trauma on children’s health and mental health.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening) to work diplomatically with diverse group of individuals (children and their caregivers, other staff members, social workers, and representatives of community agencies; convey instructions, directions, and information appropriately and accurately.
• Skill to organize a variety of concurrent activities, set realistic goals and objectives, plan, and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
• Experience with various technology to navigate web-based platforms to obtain needed information and documents notes.
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills to make sound judgment and manage conflict. Knowledge of child, elder abuse, and domestic violence reporting requirements, and other significant legislation and laws regulating health and mental health practice with children connected with the child welfare system.
• Strength-based perspective that is culturally sensitive.
• Bi-lingual skills.
• Experience working in a medical setting serving children.
• The family partner limits scope of practice to advocacy, education, referrals and support without providing clinical advice.
• The family partner will assist families who are at risk of homeless and be expected to support families in securing housing.
• This position requires the employee to have reliable transportation as the duties of the position require attendance at Sacramento County meetings, and services can be community based.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!