The associate director serves as a strategist and project manager for integrated communications around key activities and programs core LeadingAge’s mission to be the trusted voice for aging. They build substantive communications that enhance the impact of LeadingAge’s programs and innovations, framing them into meaningful context for members and other stakeholders.
They work closely with internal research, technology, policy and global aging experts on communications with members about reports, analysis, tools, products and activities. They also support effective membership communications and recruitment.
Working with Communications & Marketing colleagues, including a communications manager under their supervision, the associate director leads strategy, content creation and dissemination to ensure communications are strategic, error free, and align with LeadingAge’s brand and priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead strategies and implementation plans for packaging, messaging, presenting and promoting the work of LeadingAge’s Centers and other core teams as part of an overall integrated communications plan.
- Serve as a communications strategist, developing plans that define target audiences, establish KPIs, identify key messages, and plan for dissemination through email, social media, web content, media relations and other communications channels.
- Serve as a primary communications representative for internal teams including CAST, the LTSS Center @UMass Boston, the policy department, and the Global Aging Network. Work with teams on a daily basis to identify key projects, assess timelines, and develop, publish and distribute materials to ensure full integration with organization-wide communications.
- Lead development, publication and distribution of core content and materials about LeadingAge and our membership for customization and use across the organization and by our state association partners. Work with Communications & Marketing colleagues, as well as staff on our membership team to define, refine and maintain impactful and effective informational tools and recruitment materials.
- Manage implementation of strategies, juggling project details, ensuring clarity among the project team, and meeting an aggressive timeline.
- Work with internal teams and outside vendors to develop materials including reports, one-pagers, articles, blogs, web pages, design elements, infographics, newsletter and social copy, etc.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, deliverable trackers, analytics and outcomes report and other required project management materials.
- Serve as lead writer, drafting, and editing copy for use across platforms.
- Oversee implementation quality, offering insightful and clear design direction, communicating collective feedback and tracking all communications details – to deliver high-quality, effective final deliverables.
- Work with conferences and events team to support content for three primary events (Annual Meeting and EXPO, Leadership Summit, and Collaborative Care Summit), as well as virtual or in-person events throughout the year.
- Develop regular department reports, data and narratives for internal audiences, State Associations and members, Board members, etc.
- Manage special projects, serve as back-up for team members, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate LeadingAge’s Core Values.
- Committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive community where all are able to meaningfully contribute and thrive.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- BA in communications or a related field plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience leading nonprofit communications; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience with advanced communications strategies and platforms, campaign development, and project management.
- Superior communications and writing skills, with a track-recorded of clearly explaining both strategic concepts and complex details in compelling, efficient language.
- Proven expertise in development and implementation of communications strategies, including a track-record of managing the details of execution across teams and platforms.
- High attention to detail, with a proven ability to lead accountability for budget and timelines.
- Experience collaborating with internal staff of varying experience levels and outside agencies and vendors.
- Experience in and understanding of the field of aging, longevity and aging services preferred.
- Normal work requires frequent use telephone and computer (monitor, keyboard, mouse).
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Periodic local and national overnight travel required.
- Ability to be mobile at Annual Meeting; Leadership Summit Conference; and other meetings and events.
- May require standing for prolonged periods of time during meetings and conferences.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!