Advertising Services Coordinator
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for an Advertising Services Coordinator on our Publishing and Mission Operations team. As an Advertising Services Coordinator you will provide customer service and sales support to Advertisers, Agencies, Vendors, Sales Reps and other AMA units, and providing critical business support functions for the display and classified advertising business lines of the JAMA Network journals.
Provide operational, sales, and service support for the JAMA Network’s advertising businesses.
- Generate single- or multiple-scenario order quotes for advertising placements as requested
- Liaise with clients, agencies, and the Sales group to support sales and confirm placement
- Coordinate with internal AMA groups to ensure that classified advertising placements are reviewed and formatted to match our advertising specifications, and correctly laid-out for printing
- Maintain records of advertiser placement, material schedules, and confirmed advertising space
- Generate regular reports and analysis for publishing management, and ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed to support Sales and collect revenue
Perform order entry, tracking, fulfillment and issue closing duties related to advertising placements
- Review and enter orders and customer information, ensuring accuracy of order details and pricing and adherence to prepayment and credit check requirements
- Analyze and track client list-matching results and update edition codes as needed
- Coordinate with Production and Graphics teams to compose production layout report and ensure that ad materials adhere to spec requirements
- Ensure that all journal issues’ advertising matrices and order documentation are thoroughly reviewed and pass through the issue-closing process error-free
- Deliver issue closing documentation to Production Services and Circulation on deadline
Perform billing review duties prior to invoicing and aging invoice ‘soft’ collection duties to pursue payment on past-due receivables.
- Conduct reporting and analysis to guarantee invoicing accuracy, provide status updates, and coordinate with AMA Finance
- Identify billing discrepancies and past-due payments and promptly resolve issues with clients
May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable work experience in a customer service capacity
- Three to five years of work experience in publishing or advertising/printing field, including advertising sales support, with a demonstrated understanding of journal publishing business
- Experience coordinating order fulfillment processes with clients and third parties/vendors is preferred
- Strong record keeping skills and ability to adhere to deadlines is essential
- Requires written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, advertisers, and management; experience in writing procedures and/or training others is a plus
- Must have outstanding computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; able to use publishing industry analytics and reporting tools; basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Demonstrated excellent multi-tasking skills, with high quality standards and strong attention to detail
- Requires excellent organizational, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to react quickly, calmly and with sound judgment to customer requests and complaints required
- Must meet deadlines with minimal supervision and team spirit in an changing, fast paced environment
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY HERE NOW!!